Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Weekend in Utah

We had the opportunity to make a quick trip to UT to be apart of Andrew and Starrie's endowment and sealing, as well as Michael's endowment. It. was. wonderful.

I was able to do a family name for both endowment sessions, but for Andrew and Starrie's I did a name I have kept with me since I did her initiatory work because I had such a powerful experience with her. And once again, toward the end of the endowment an overwhelming feeling of the spirit, as well as appreciation came over me, and I couldn't hold back the tears. I know this woman has been waiting and waiting, and it was an honor to do her work for her. So, not only was that nice, but seeing Andrew and Starrie together, of course, was great.

Later on that evening we went to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple for Michael's session. It was a bit stressful with all the traffic, which ended up making a few of us REALLY late. It all worked out though, and the entire family was able to get into a later session. Once again, the spirit was there, and I was able to feel Michael's presence in the celestial room. It was a very personal experience, but I know Michael is in a good place, and what a comfort it is to know that!

One of the biggest things that stuck out to me was the proof of just how loved we are that the Lord has made it so it's never too late to repent and make such special and vital covenants for our eternal lives. Not even too late for Michael. I have a whole new outlook and deep appreciation for the Lord's mercy.

And definitely one of my new favorite things to witness in the temple is a little one being sealed to their parents. There is nothing more sweet and pure and just pain happy to see than that! Jocelynn was as cute as ever, and their family, their now eternal family, is beautiful.

The whole weekend was wonderful and I was just so happy we were able to get some time off to be apart of it. I love the family I'm in and it's always so nice to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment